washi tape download from here

Jun 5, 2011

This weekend

Yesterday was a whopping 77 degrees. The rest of the week is supposed to be in the 60's...this is June right?  Sheesh. It feels so weird to have this spring weather in June. Maybe we'll have a summer that stays a little longer (crossing fingers).

We took advantage of  the "hot" weather and worked in the yard. The kids chased the chickens around the yard, Pat mowed and I worked on clearing out a flower bed. The kids and I are making a Mary Garden. We don't have a statue, but maybe someday. Hopefully someday. Right now we are just planting flowers, adding to it and I'm going to have them make some sort of plaque or a stepping stone.

Pat took us to the nursery and we picked out some of the flowers with meaning to Mary...a lot of them I couldn't find and a few don't grow well here. We picked mostly perennials... ground cover and herbs and I'll add some other flowers later. Today was crummy, so hopefully tomorrow we can get them planted.

I managed to make a few more layouts this weekend too. These were both for a challenge at Studio Calico. Use up your old kits. Well, since that's all I've been using it lately it was easy! Love to see all that product get used finally.



I couldn't figure out where to put the journaling on this one, so I tacked it on the back. Not something I usually do, but that's ok. As long as it's there.


Best part of the weekend? An impromptu date with Pat. After the kids went to bed we ordered pizza and watched The ultimate fighter finale. Exciting stuff. hehee..I'll take any date I can get and honestly? Being the homebodies we are it was perfect.

~C

No comments: