washi tape download from here

Nov 21, 2011

Season of Advent cover (December Daily)

I've always loved Ali Edward's December Daily project...admired it, but never wanted to commit to it. This year I'm going for it even though I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing. I'm not sure if I'm going to create all the pages ahead of time or just wing it daily. Maybe a mix of both?
I have never even  done a Christmas layout, so I really didn't have any Christmas/winter product. I ordered the Jack Frost kit from Elle's Studio because I loved the colors and I knew I wanted to do a mix of pink and aqua in with the traditional Christmas colors. Then I just pulled a bunch of things out of my stash that looked like it would fit in.
Since we celebrate Advent I will start it this Sunday with the putting together of our Advent wreath. I knew I didn't want to start it on December first because that's missing a really special part of our Christmas season.

The album is 6x8 chipboard covered in patterned paper. Right now I'm using rings, but I need to order bigger ones I'm sure. The shimmer mist is hard to photograph and it looks a lot more opaque than it shows. I also sprayed the snowflakes with it.




Woodgrain paper (crate paper), Hambly Doily rub ons, Maya road wooden snowflakes, Elle's studio calender tag, Martha Steward washi tape, label(etsy), heart...???, Studio Calico shimmer mist, Studio Calico fabrips for binding, American Crafts numbers

So my promise to myself is to finish it. No worries about being perfect or missing a day. No stressing.

~C

No comments: