washi tape download from here

Feb 21, 2012

40 days.


Tomorrow is the beginning of Lent. Being an adult joining the Catholic church it wasn't something I knew much about. Sure, we gave up stuff. Sweets, TV...nothing ever stuck. I always felt like it was reliving another New Years. Another time of the year to give something up and fail. I don't like resolutions for that reason. 

This year I have a completely renewed outlook on Lent. I'm excited. Really excited.
I read somewhere that it takes 40 days to do something before it becomes a habit. That could be completely wrong, but it's stuck in my head for some reason.
40 days.
40 days to make better choices to come out a better version of who I want to be.
Closer to God.
More spiritual and prayerful.
More at peace.

 So, yes I am giving things up, but the things I'm giving up this year are things that aren't good for me anyway and instead I'm replacing them with things that will be positive towards what I'm trying to accomplish.Who I'm trying to be. The example I'm trying to set for my babies.

A more peaceful, spiritual, kind, patient version of ME.








No comments: