washi tape download from here

Apr 25, 2011

Easter

The kids have today off and I'm SO glad because after a busy Easter weekend I am feeling the need for a quiet relaxing day to get the house back in order. The kids could also use a day to get off the sugar.

When I was growing up Easter was about the bunny and candy...hunting eggs...dinner.
8 yrs ago I was baptized and confirmed into the Catholic church at the Easter vigil. I gained a whole new perspective for Easter.
We still do baskets and egg hunts, candy and dinner. But we are trying our hardest to make sure our kids know the true meaning of Easter. This year I really realized that we are doing a good job of it...they really know why we celebrate this holiday. I love hearing their explanations of how Jesus died for our sins and how he was resurrected. I know that their understanding will just continue to grow...mine still does and most of the time I'm learning as I'm teaching.
Hope your Easter was happy and sweet!

No comments: