washi tape download from here

Aug 25, 2011

My yard sale find

Today has been a MUCH better day today. Thank goodness.

Last Saturday we went yard saling (sailing?)...is that even a word? Anyway, we went by the house that Pat grew up in and they were having a yard sale. They happened to have two sets of these babies that I quickly snatched up for a steal at $30 bucks total.

I've been looking on Craigslist for a set of lockers for the boys for over two years, but they're always spendy or sold. I had pretty much given up on finding one, so I decorated their room without them and I couldn't justify just putting them in there for nothing. I'm all about storage and we could definitely put them to use somewhere else, so they went in the laundry/mud room. They need cleaned up and I'm thinking of putting shelves in a couple of them.

Now all I need to find is a few locker baskets and I'm all set. I've been looking for some for years, but I'm too cheap to pay the antique store prices for them. One day I'll find them just like the lockers. Then I think I'll put them up on top for more storage.


The best part is the bright yellow color. Loving yellow and torquoise lately. Obvious from  a lot of my layouts lately. ;)




~C

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I am SO-------------- jealous! Those lockers are ASWESOME! What an amazing find! And all for $30 - sweet deal!

Mandie said...

Sweet locker find!!!!
I love these layouts! That photo on the bottom one??? So sweet!!!